Think you may need a Covid test? The team at Ostend Medical Centre are ready to help, and we are running with booked appointments so you are not kept waiting.
Call 372 5005 and one of our friendly team will talk you through the process.
We know you are likely to have questions which we are happy to answer. Here’s a few points that may help address your concerns:
- You do not need to be a patient of the Ostend Medical Centre to get a test.
- Tests are free.
- We encourage everyone with cold or flu like symptoms to get a test.
- Please don’t feel scared or ashamed – this is a virus that anyone can catch and we will make sure you get the care you need.
- Getting tested helps the whole community. The more we know about the spread of the virus, the better we can track it and understand it.
- We test with a swab at the back of your nose. A swab is like a small cotton bud but with a longer stick. It doesn’t hurt, but may feel a little uncomfortable but is over quickly.
- We will ask you some questions – your information is treated sensitively and confidentially.
- You can ask someone in your bubble to help get you to the Medical Centre and to be with you while you are being assessed and tested.
If you want to know more about how the testing works, or are unsure whether you need a test, give us a call.
We are here for everyone in the Waiheke community.