We are pleased to announce that the Waiheke Covid Immunisation vaccination programme is now operating.
Covid-19 vaccines will be available and accessible locally, for all residents on Waiheke over the next several months.
- Covid-19 vaccination is free;
- The Pfizer vaccine will be available to everyone aged 16 and over;
- The vaccine rollout is happening nationwide across different groups;
- To find out which group you are in, please visit the government website or read more below.
Waiheke Island Covid-19 vaccinations
Every New Zealand resident is entitled to a free Covid-19 vaccination. Vaccinations will be done in groups – Group 1, 2, 3, or 4 – depending on your age and situation.
- Groups one and two: have already started receiving their vaccinations. People in Groups 1 and 2 include border workers, their families, and non-front line health workers.
- Group three: include people at risk of getting very sick from COVID-19 including people aged 65 or over, those with disabilities and those with relevant underlying health conditions.
- Group four: encompasses the rest of the population over the age of 16 –
Waiheke Island residents from Group 3 will now begin receiving invitations for their COVID-19 vaccinations.
People in Group four will begin receiving Covid-19 vaccination invitations from July 2021.
PLEASE NOTE: There are about 1.7 million people across New Zealand in Group 3, and an estimated 2 million people in Group four. Therefore, your patience is highly appreciated. You may not receive an invitation immediately. There is no need to contact us – we will contact you.
Please DO NOT contact us to ask about your invitation. The only exception is if you are part of Group 1 or 2 and have not yet received your first or second Pfizer vaccine – in which case, please call us and we can send your details to the Waiheke Covid Immunisation Centre so that they can contact you and book you in.
Which Covid-19 Vaccination Group Am I In ?
To find out what group you are in – click on the following link: https://covid19.govt.nz/health-and-wellbeing/covid-19-vaccines/how-to-get-a-covid-19-vaccination/find-out-when-you-can-get-a-vaccine/
Should I contact you to discuss?
No. At this stage, all bookings are on a recall basis. You will receive an invite via phone call with instructions on how to book.
There is no need to call your healthcare provider before receiving an invite.
If you’re also getting the flu or measles vaccination, you will need to wait at least:
- Two weeks between the influenza (flu) vaccine and Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine.
- Four weeks between the Measles, Mumps and Rubella (MMR) vaccine and the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine if you get the MMR vaccine first
- Two weeks between the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine and the MMR vaccine if you get the COVID-19 vaccine first.
Where Can I Get More Information?
You can find more information regarding the COVID-19 vaccine on the Unite Against COVID-19 – NZ Government website